Pro hack; sun kissed look
Sun’s out but you might not want to expose yourself to the sun in order to get that sun kissed look so we thought we should give you a easy step by step guide to faking that fresh sun kissed look! To create a sun-kissed makeup look follow this step-by-step guide:
1. Prep your skin: Start by cleansing and moisturizing your face to create a smooth canvas for your makeup application. Apply a primer to help your makeup last longer. We use products from Rosenserien and Acasia which has proven to work best with makeup, giving it a long lasting flawless look!
2. Apply a light amount of foundation or create your own tinted moisturizer using our crème foundations and your favorite day cream. Choose a foundation that matches your skin tone and offers a natural finish. Apply it evenly across your face using a buffing brush, foundation brush or sponge.
3. Add warmth with bronzers: Use a matte bronzer that is one or two shades darker than your natural skin tone. Apply it in the shape of a "3" on both sides of your face using a smaller rouge brush. Start from your forehead, sweep it under your cheekbones, and then lightly dust it along your jawline. Blend well to avoid harsh lines.
4. Enhance your cheeks: Use a peachy or coral blush to give your cheeks a natural flush. Smile and apply the blush on the apples of your cheeks, blending it upwards towards your temples.
5. Highlight your features: Apply a subtle, golden highlighter on the high points of your face to mimic a sun-kissed glow. Focus on the tops of your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, cupid's bow, and a touch on your forehead.
6. Define your eyes: Opt for warm, earthy eyeshadow shades like bronze, copper, or terracotta. Apply a light shade over your eyelids as a base, then use a medium shade in the crease for definition. Finish with a touch of shimmer on the center of your lids. We recommend using any of our smaller eyeshadow brushes for this.
7. Define your lashes: Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler and apply a coat or two of mascara to open up your eyes. Yes, we know our mascara is sold out but it’s on it’s way back! You can also add some individual false lashes for a more dramatic effect.
8. Enhance your brows: Fill in your eyebrows using a brow pencil or hyperflex shadow that matches your natural hair color. Keep it natural-looking by creating small, hair-like strokes.
9. Get a natural lip color: Opt for a nude or soft peachy lip color to complete the look. Choose a lipstick or lipgloss that adds a hint of color without overpowering the rest of your makeup. Did you know that you can create your own nude lipstick or gloss using your crème foundation and Mixing base or a clear lipgloss?
Remember, the goal is to achieve a natural-looking sun-kissed glow, so go for sheer and blendable products. Have fun experimenting and adapting the steps to suit your preferences and facial features. Enhance, don’t cover up 😍!